Saturday 12 January 2013

New page.

So the last day and a half have been somewhat of a new page in my life. Moving out of home for the first time and in with my boyfriend whilst I look for work and try to set up some kind of life in the "real world".

Some of my friends don't realise how much effort, strength and sense of reality you need to have to make such a big change in your life - they seem to think that everything will just come to them as it has been these past 18 years. They come from slightly better off families than mine with more money and stuff I used to dream about as a kid.
I know it may be kind of cruel to say this but it will be good to see them stress out when they move into the real world as it is so different. There's not someone there for you every night to cook, do your washing, clean up after you or to pay your bills. That responsibility will become theirs and their own. They can't splurge their money on ridiculous things - not when every cent counts.

Tomorrow I have a 1 hour trial at a Subway branch in my town. I'm really looking forward to it and really really hoping I get the job there. I didn't initially want to work in the fast food industry but at least it's cleaner and not as slimy as McDonald's or KFC. Fingers crossed anyways.

Below is a picture I drew a while back of an ambigram tattoo that I plan on getting with my best friend. It says "Fiction" and I drew it in memory of our favourite drummer who passed away in 2009 - Jimmy "the rev" Sullivan from avenged sevenfold. I thought it was kind of fitting with this post because the world you live in at home with your parents is fiction.




If you flip it upside down you notice it says the same thing in the same font. This is probably the most difficult work I've ever designed. Trying to get the text right as well as upside down is a killer on the brain but worth it in the end. I don't think I plan on designing another of these in my life haha.

- Red

No comments:

Post a Comment