Thursday 24 January 2013

Ambigrams - Oh How They Mind Fuck Me

Have been working on the "Too Weird To Live. Too Rare To Die" tattoo idea thingo. I haven't constructed anything amazingly together but tonight I have been working on ambigrams, which if you don't know what they are they're text which you can read upside down as well as the right way up. They can also contain 2 words but screw trying to do that haha. I'll stick with the simple stuff that isn't hard as fuck.

This First one says "Weird"; it turned out better than I was hoping for anyway:

It's really difficult to get all the letters to look the same when you flip it 180 Degrees, and most of the time it ends up looking slightly different but it really cant be helped. Unless you're like super OCD or something haha. Most people I believe do one which just says the word not in any fancy way or anything except maybe the font, then get a photo copy and flip it and design it that way using tracing paper. But i just try to do mine by eye.










The Second one I did was one that says "Rare": 

With this one I tried something different with the font on the capital R, I think it worked but the A in there could DEFINITELY use some work haha.














In the end I just ended up doing some more ambigrams and trying out different stuff. I did my best Friend Ashleigh's name but I kind of screwed the upside down A up a little bit but other than that I really like it and I hope she does too:

Anyway, if you have any ideas on this or general comments leave them below and I will definitely get back to you. Hope you all found something you like here, maybe something nice to look at :)


- Red 

No comments:

Post a Comment