Sunday 10 March 2013

It's all happening!

Hey guys. Sorry it's been a while. Went over my data cap on my phone. Luckily not by alot and paid it all off :)

So on Tuesday I got my glasses and I realise just how nerdy they make me look but being able to see so clearly is awesome. I never realised how imperfect my vision was.
Being able to see so clearly has made me realise alot of imperfections in my designs and works which I have started to go over and fix them up. Once I finish that I will continue work on the concept I mentioned in my last post.

I have started putting all my designs and sketches into the one sketch books which ill post pictures of later. The reason I'm doing this is because I've received a rather large grant from the government so I can apply for my course in tattooing. When that comes through I will be applying and submitting my portfolio to the TAFE which will then hook me up with a 6 month course on tattooing. Then I can at least have my certification while I practise it all and get better and find some place to work.

My grandma said to me the other day "I never thought my only granddaughter would grow up to want to be a tattoo artist" and I said "well granny, times are changing, we don't need anymore snobby lawyers, or bias journalists, we need people in the world who can help people express emotions etcetera in a permanent manner, as a way of getting a message across. No matter how inappropriate or politically incorrect, it is a clients way of venting and they aren't forcing it upon anyone else to understand the ink beneath their skin, only to show that they aren't afraid to scream whatever message that is at the world"

But yes. If someone had said to me 5 years ago "you're going to want to be a tattoo artist" I probably would have said "please I don't have the skill for that and there's no way that would happen"
Just goes to show how much I have changed as a person over the last few years.

I'm very excited to get the course underway and start learning the fundamentals to my dream job.

I am also moving houses very soon. Just a few days away really and on the same day I move is the day I shave my head for The Worlds Greatest Shave. Which is something I've been looking forward to doing for quite a while. Being able to raise money to help cancer research is such a great thing especially when over these past few years there have been so many breakthroughs. They actually developed a shot which can prevent certain types of cancer before they appear. Which is amazing. I can't wait to raise some money and help them out. No only for finding a cure but to help those people and families with cancer move forward and continue their battle.

I'm very excited to move houses as it will be a little bit of a fresh start. Not a whole lot but I'm loving any kind of change currently.

I will do a single post of just pictures of my portfolio shortly.

-Red

No comments:

Post a Comment