Wednesday 16 January 2013

Takes more than one idea

It's been a while since I drew anything significant... I don't know if my brain has the creative juices to think of this stuff, or whether I just have to be given the idea by someone else.

I saw a picture of a zombie girl being controlled by a puppet master in a Tattoo Flash book the other day and got a really good idea from it:

I figured Id change it into a skeleton instead, since skeletons are awesomely fun to draw, interesting to look at and usually have some sort of hidden meaning about life and death which makes unravelling the meaning behind it all the more fun.


The only issue with that is getting the idea from my head onto paper. I really like drawing bones and muscles and anatomy kind of stuff but when I do it always has to be accurate otherwise I'm unhappy with it. But whenever I try to make it rough, and not accurate it just looks wrong. Maybe I'm just too accurate to do little small drawings and such *Shrug*
I'm starting to think that what talent I have when it comes to pen and paper isn't suited to tattooing and the likes of it.

But then again Practise makes perfect, so maybe I just need to keep at it a while longer.

If there are any legitimate ideas pop a comment below. I'll give it a shot.

- Red

6 comments:

  1. how about the muscles in the butt area haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and this is why I said 'Legitimate Ideas"

      Delete
  2. Dude i'm serious! Think about it there is a lot of detail in it and its the knid of thing you said you liked drawing :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'd prefer not to be drawing asses all night thanks dude lol

      Delete
  3. I've been trying to incorporate some ideas for a tattoo (sleeve (s)) that depicts my journey through life. Beginning w/entering life as a puppet w/a dark puppet master, fighting to brake the strings and falling broken but developing final realization that I am now free of myself (the puppwt)as well as the boundaries(strings) of this life (ideology similar to that of the movie "Lucy" combined with lyrics from song "I am human" by Highly suspect). Therefore, the search for God is ultimately the search for oneself and the desire to reach heaven is equal to findibg perfection within oneself....in a places at one time

    ReplyDelete